The National Science Foundation’s National Radio Astronomy Observatory has spotted an X-ray source in Andromeda, 2.5 million light-years distant, that it’s tagged as a “micro-quasar” and says is the first discovered beyond the Milky Way. The object, XMMU J004243.6+412519 (love the naming convention), is a black hole with an …
2.5 ly distant?
Surely you mean 2.5 million light years?
Thanks for the red cross on the image, I can see exactly where it is now
I can't see it at all. Some bugger's put a bloody great red cross smack over the top of it.
Size doesn't matter.
That's what my girlfriend told me.
Paris because she knows better.
We really need a pair of space telescopes...
...both orbiting somewhere between Earth and Mars, or even further, at opposite points in the same orbit. That way we can have an extremely long baseline for observations like this.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...