A university student presenting at the Amphion Forum has demonstrated turning a Cisco VoIP phone into a listening device, even when it’s on the hook. According to Dark Reading, the vulnerability demands a fairly extensive reconfiguration of the phone. This, at least, means the attacker needs greater sophistication than previous …
Thankfully, ReVuln didn't find this one first or we'd all be getting told something like "we can hack Cisco phones.. who wants to pay us for the details?"
Give that kid a job
He clearly knows what he is doing. Which puts him in front of 99% of technical professionals I've ever met.
Another prospect for Q
Nope still want the old Q, ethernet cables are no match for the lasers and explosions
Note: Don't you dare think of hacking my phone, I'll bore you to death.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Review Amazon Fire Phone: What's MISSING... and why it WON'T set the world alight