back to article Russian space research org targeted by mystery malware attack

Security researchers have discovered a targeted attack against Russian hi-tech firm that appears to originate in Korea. The "Sanny" attack* is malware-based and geared towards stealing login information from Russian telecommunications, information technology and space research organisations. The first stage of the assault …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly

Basic security measures .....

"... username/passwords that Firefox remembers for different online services ...."

I've got Firefox rigged to forget everything when I exit. I can remember my usernames and passwords, and I'd write them on a piece of paper if I couldn't. A regular zapping with CCleaner is also a good idea.

1. Bumpy Cat
      Happy

Re: Basic security measures .....

Yeah, it would be a disaster if someone got my Reg bronze badge!

2. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Headmaster

Which Korea?

A minor detail, but one which might be of interest to the readers

1. Irongut

Re: Which Korea?

Particularly in light of SK's recent launch.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Which Korea?

That was NK who launched a rocket.

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

New Kids on the Block

Welcome, folks, to the crazy smart world of disinformation, where subversive hearts and perverse minds vie in vain against AI for global command with universal control.

And yes, that is what is happening all around you without you being aware of it, or being able to do anything to stop it.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: New Kids on the Block

I wish I were a fly on-the-wall if you and 'stuffmonger' ever get to dialogue in the same room :)

"Measure your dose, apply a small amount of saliva to just the tip of your middle finger, press it against the dose, insert. Doesn't really hurt as much as it sounds"

link | link

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Keep IT Simply Sublime because* .....

Well damn, that was written in perfect English. You gotten that crazy GSV to help you with your lexers?

Almost made sense too, though I don't think it's AI that's the problem. The intelligences you need to worry about are far too real. …. M Gale posted Wednesday 12th December 2012 18:18 GMT

Hi, M Gale. You might like to consider and realise, it makes perfect sense whenever AI is providing solutions. And whenever one has real intelligence and virtual savvy, is there nothing to fear or worry about. Those concerns and distractions are reserved for those and/or that which are in deficit and deficient in necessary future intellectual property ….. SMARTR Viable Imaginanation.

I wish I were a fly on-the-wall if you and 'stuffmonger' ever get to dialogue in the same room :) …. AC posted Wednesday 12th December 2012 22:21 GMT

If we [John and I] ever get to chill out and into dialogue in the same room, will you not need to be a fly-on-the-wall, for all that is fit for future Great Game purpose, and fit to print and universally share, will be revealed for you to enjoy, and most probably also registered here too.

And that is an APT promise, to be denied at one's peril.

* Simply Sublime IT Allows for Steganographic Stealth against which there in No Possible Defence nor Any Available Attack Vector. And that makes Simply Sublime IT quite simply, the perfect weapon.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Regarding "Re: New Kids on the Block"

This link and its comments, http://www.fastcompany.com/1615167/plagued-lawsuits-mcafee-founder-hunts-cures-belize, which are a jolly good read, is for all who enjoyed and understood what was Posted Wednesday 12th December 2012 22:21 GMT by Anonymous Coward ..... and also for all who would like to be able to understand what IT can do, and does for you too whenever freed from the contrived shackles of convention which plague and assault the status quo and pathetic power elite systems enslaved to the spreading of fiat currency for artificial power and delusional control.

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge

I'm guessing South Korea.

I'm not sure North Korea has any open access web sites.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm guessing South Korea.

Of course it was South Korea. If it had been North Korea they'd have said North Korea. By just saying Korea they're hoping you'll put two [N Koreans launch rocket] and two [S Koreans hack space org] together and make five [North Koreans stole the plans for their rockets from the Russkis]

Very disingenuous, Reg. Poor show!

2. M Gale

The main North Korean population, perhaps.

I'm pretty sure the ruling elite will have all mod cons.

3. Crazy Operations Guy

Actually they do, just not much. They have a couple gig connection and 4x /24 IPv4 allocations coming out of China.

http://bgp.he.net/AS131279

They also have a very large 'Cyber warrior' division (Something like 1500-200 members last I heard) and the motivation to steal rocket data mostly since their current rockets are made out of old ICBMs from the Former Soviet Union and they aren't really bursting at the seams with rocket scientists.

4. crayon

Of course it's SK, with 2 failed rocket launches under its belt they need to do something to catch up with NK.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like