On paper the benefits of data centre automation are easy to see. But we don't build data centres on paper. That is why our Regcast on 23 January at 11:00 GMT examines how to build a data centre and maintain it throughout its life in the private cloud environment. What, if anything, has the cloud changed? What are the costs of …
For anybody who actually works in data centre operations
There is a mailing list (NANOG / UKNOF style, but much lower volume) dedicated to data centre stuff.
So, we're talking topics on switches, inventory management, environmental monitoring and cooling etc.
If anybody is interested, you can subscribe over at http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/dc-ops
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24