US chip giant Qualcomm has taken the wraps off two new Snapdragon processors optimised for the huge Chinese smartphone market as it looks to expand its worldwide footprint and become a top-two player in the market. The MSM8226 and MSM8626 chipsets will expand the firm’s S4 range and feature the Adreno 305 GP, quad core CPUs, …
China bought an ARM license
It's going to be hard to sell into there after that.
Re: China bought an ARM license
They've licensed MIPS for years too. Doesn't make any difference though. It's the IP in the radios, display renderer and power management that counts.
What OS runs on these and MediaTek parts? Android/Linux, Windows RT, something else SMP capable?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great