US chip giant Qualcomm has taken the wraps off two new Snapdragon processors optimised for the huge Chinese smartphone market as it looks to expand its worldwide footprint and become a top-two player in the market. The MSM8226 and MSM8626 chipsets will expand the firm’s S4 range and feature the Adreno 305 GP, quad core CPUs, …
China bought an ARM license
It's going to be hard to sell into there after that.
Re: China bought an ARM license
They've licensed MIPS for years too. Doesn't make any difference though. It's the IP in the radios, display renderer and power management that counts.
What OS runs on these and MediaTek parts? Android/Linux, Windows RT, something else SMP capable?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...