US chip giant Qualcomm has taken the wraps off two new Snapdragon processors optimised for the huge Chinese smartphone market as it looks to expand its worldwide footprint and become a top-two player in the market. The MSM8226 and MSM8626 chipsets will expand the firm’s S4 range and feature the Adreno 305 GP, quad core CPUs, …
China bought an ARM license
It's going to be hard to sell into there after that.
Re: China bought an ARM license
They've licensed MIPS for years too. Doesn't make any difference though. It's the IP in the radios, display renderer and power management that counts.
What OS runs on these and MediaTek parts? Android/Linux, Windows RT, something else SMP capable?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?