Apple has added to its growing security team with the hiring of noted white-hat hacker Kristin Paget, who broke and then got hired to fix Windows security, Wired reports. Kristin Paget, formerly Chris and originally from the UK but lately of California, is the inventor of the term "shatter attack" in a 2002 paper on a system for …
How long she stays at apple will demonstrate how serious they are about security
Re: we'll see
One persons length of employment has nothing to do with how serious a company is about the security of their products.....
Re: we'll see @The_Regulator
In this instance I'd say it does.
I think it is reasonable to assume that this isn't a 1, 2 or 6 month month hire but for a reasonable length of time (2+ yr).
If it finishes before then I also think it would be safe to say that one party is not happy with the other (Hmm - wonder which way that would be). There will be the inevitable spin that paints it as all rosy in the walled garden...
Chris007 - spot on.
Let's hope she gets on well enough to have the chance to do some good.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1