A worm spread like wildfire across Tumblr on Monday, defacing pages on the blogging website with an abusive message penned by a notorious trolling crew. The outbreak was triggered by the GNAA, a group of anonymous troublemakers who get their kicks from winding up bloggers with offensive posts. Tumblr temporarily halted the …
Mass trolling outbreak on Tumblr
And did anyone notice any difference?
Re: Mass trolling outbreak on Tumblr
Yeah, there's already more than a little pee in the pool.
I know the majority of tumblr is terrible, vain, brainwashed teenagers who post alot of shit, but to be fair tumblr itself is pretty good if you want a free blog with some good hosting, and your not just reposting the same old shit like 99% of other tumblr blogs.
Tumblr also pays host to a fine (and often not so fine) selection of reasonably curated and largely advert-free pornography often serving some startlingly... uh, niche interests. In that respect they're a valuable part of the internet, and the bloggage can be quietly ignored.
... one count of identity fraud ...
I commit that 'crime' on every website I login to.
Re: ... one count of identity fraud ...
It is not illegal to assume an alias.
Using it to commit fraud is another matter entirely.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant