US chip designer Qualcomm will take a bite out of Sharp for up to 9.9bn yen ($121m), and plug its mobile display subsidiary Pixtronix into the Japanese telly biz. Qualcomm is interested in Sharp's new indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) screen technology which doesn't draw as much power as regular LCDs and has better resolution, as …
"...Sharp is still considered a dab hand at display manufacture..."
Hmmm. Their TV panels have certainly had fairly endemic (mura) problems at a point in the not too distant past although it is possible they have resolved this.
I've got your $120m bone right here.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months