US chip designer Qualcomm will take a bite out of Sharp for up to 9.9bn yen ($121m), and plug its mobile display subsidiary Pixtronix into the Japanese telly biz. Qualcomm is interested in Sharp's new indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) screen technology which doesn't draw as much power as regular LCDs and has better resolution, as …
"...Sharp is still considered a dab hand at display manufacture..."
Hmmm. Their TV panels have certainly had fairly endemic (mura) problems at a point in the not too distant past although it is possible they have resolved this.
I've got your $120m bone right here.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast