LG could be set to take its first major leap towards carving out a new role as a fabless chipmaker next month when it debuts its H13 processor inside a smart TV at CES in Las Vegas. The Korean electronics giant revealed back in April 2011 that it had struck a deal with British chip designer ARM to license its Cortex processor …
With fabs costing in the order of billions of dollars, the global economy weak and the balance sheet (possibly) not looking much better, can you blame them ?
F*** Fabless Chips ..
.. where are the Nexus 4s?!!
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…