back to article Council techie and top reseller talk Windows Server 2012

Join us on December 7 at 11:00 GMT, when we’ll be broadcasting live from our London studio with Reg readers Chris Losch, from Newham Council, and Gary Collins, from Intercept IT. Between them, they’re going to run through a raft of real-world projects and deployment scenarios where they’ve been using and abusing Windows Server …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This sounds very much like an advert for Server 2012. MS will be happy. Why not have some days promoting the latest Debian / FreeBSD release?

Anonymous Coward

Err...

So an article about how an OS works is an advert, because it's not the OS you want to talk about? The Reg have done many articles in the past about other OSes or software for them, but as soon as it's MS, it's an advert.

Need I remind you that, like it or not, Windows Server has by far the largest install base of any server OS, so it's pretty important news when a new version is released and it damn well should be covered by an IT news publication.

Re: Err...

Not at all, I enjoy hearing about the latest versions of Windows Server especially as I use it (as well as Debian and CentOS). What I don't appreciate is being advertised to by a reseller which IMO adds nothing to a balanced technical discussion which the reg should be.

BTW Windows Server may have the largest install base per version / Distro but not if you compare it to Linux as a whole. I would expect to see roughly 50/50 windows / Linux installations and therefore articles. The % of Linux installs is also much much greater in the rest Europe.

Mushroom

Newham Council!!!

Shit, I've just installed 2012 of five servers, will they be as much as a disaster as Newham Council now?? Will they start evicting people from the Carpenters Estate? Will they buy super expensive chandeliers and facial recognition systems that don't work???? Tell me now!!

Anonymous Coward

Newham Council rings a bell?

Newham Council rings a bell, were they the council who discovered they didn't like Open Source, after a MS financed study showed them the error of their ways "because Microsoft is very serious about addressing security concerns". See also MS moves to counter Open Source

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums