Whiptail has increased the number of storage nodes in its all-flash array to 30. Whiptail INVICTA 30 node 30-node Whiptail Invicta Up until now, Whiptail's NAND-packed array could have two to six Invicta nodes. Each node can store 6TB to 12TB in MLC flash, allowing each array to contain up to 72TB. The chips can do 650,000 …
so it's a case of
I can flash faster than you.
Think I'll wait
for the 36DD model ;-)
Shouldn't they know?
CTO James Candelaria added: "We expect a fully populated 30-node 360TB INFINITY to exceed 4 million IOPS and 40GB/sec throughput in real world use."
I don't get it. If it's an actual product then you would have thought they would know the performance figures rather than just "expecting"?
Now how about a SME Budget array? I dont want to be using 15K SAS drives forever ya know!
Bamboo with boobs?
Impressive boasting but they forgot to mention the Nimbus E-Class array which was launched in January of 2012(11 months ago)and scales to 500TBs (140TBs more)with fewer systems and less complexity, more connectivity, software and a lower cost. Claims are nice but production systems that have been selling for almost a year are better.
And the price is ?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it... ;)
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM