back to article Crooks inject malicious Java applet into FOREX trading website

A FOREX trading website has been contaminated with a malicious Java applet that is designed to install malware on the systems of visiting surfers. The targeted website is a popular FOREX (foreign exchange market) website called "Trading Forex" (tradingforex.com). The website remains contaminated as of Thursday lunchtime …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Joke

For a moment

I thought they had hacked the FourEcks trading site (operated from Didjabringabeeralong no doubt (or was that Bugarup))

Silver badge
Happy

Re: For a moment

No worries, mate, she'll be alright...

Anonymous Coward

china launching 'currency' trading in London Friday 30th

believe the chinese launch a limited start to currency trading in London on Friday the 30th

seems approproiate timing to work out who's buying their 'product'

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

Re: china launching 'currency' trading in London Friday 30th

I don't believe this is related.

To start with, Chinese hackers aren't so clumsy as to ask potential victim to install a rootkit alongside with required .NET runtime.

More importantly, it is in China interest to let the liquidity build up on the exchange, rather than scare the users away.

Bronze badge

apache on win32

The first time I see "Apache(Win32)" in the webserver's token. The question is how did the website get compromised.?

It identifies itself as "Apache/2.2.22 (Win32) PHP/5.4.5" .So one would only guess poorly designed php scripts, or the good ol' malware friendly Microsoft OS (0-day?), or that the hacker is a part time admin of the said website, or the use of "passw0rd" as the strong admin password. Could it be all four?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums