As delegates prepare for the intolerable privation of a five-star junket in Dubai to debate re-framing the decades-old International Telecommunications Regulations (ITRs), a leaked management briefing from September warns that chaos may reign if the talks don’t reach a consensus outcome. The document (at WCIT Leaks, here (PDF)) …
Probably the posts here will devolve into another America the world policeman/bully diatribe (somewhat earned of course) but honestly with the other side being Africa, Russia and the Arab states that is a very tough team to cheer for as well. Where's the white knight?
Well, the analysis is quite interesting - especially "Items where there is divergence between Africa/Arab/RCC versus Asia/Europe." The ITU claims that the disagreement is about the flow of funds only - but innocent little items like "Make certain ITU-T Recommendations binding", "Use of terms such as “shall ensure” versus “should encourage”" and "New provision on transparency of routing" are about control, pure and simple. Let's hope for a median outcome.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...