As delegates prepare for the intolerable privation of a five-star junket in Dubai to debate re-framing the decades-old International Telecommunications Regulations (ITRs), a leaked management briefing from September warns that chaos may reign if the talks don’t reach a consensus outcome. The document (at WCIT Leaks, here (PDF)) …
Probably the posts here will devolve into another America the world policeman/bully diatribe (somewhat earned of course) but honestly with the other side being Africa, Russia and the Arab states that is a very tough team to cheer for as well. Where's the white knight?
Well, the analysis is quite interesting - especially "Items where there is divergence between Africa/Arab/RCC versus Asia/Europe." The ITU claims that the disagreement is about the flow of funds only - but innocent little items like "Make certain ITU-T Recommendations binding", "Use of terms such as “shall ensure” versus “should encourage”" and "New provision on transparency of routing" are about control, pure and simple. Let's hope for a median outcome.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones