Amazon Web Services, has used its first re:Invent customer and partner conference in Las Vegas to launch a cloudy data warehousing service dubbed Redshift. In the opening keynote at re:Invent, Andy Jassy, the Amazon senior vice president in charge of AWS, said that large companies – including Amazon itself, which is the largest …
I don't know Teradata and Greenplum, but anything that kicks IBM and Oracle in the ad hocs is welcome.
In la la land Seattle, a woman is settling into her new role as product development chief.
What next from there I wonder? A network wide shared library system, that puts porn on your children's computers. Perhaps tiles which show folder contents to whoever is standing next to you.
Can Microsoft please sack everyone who has the following jobtitles... "Business Analyst", "Project Manager", and "Product Manager" and return to its grass roots of techie driven development.
Please return to developing what techies think are good, not what women think are fashionably square and flat, with pretty pictures on them that bear no resemblance to anything you've seen before.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know