Amazon Web Services, has used its first re:Invent customer and partner conference in Las Vegas to launch a cloudy data warehousing service dubbed Redshift. In the opening keynote at re:Invent, Andy Jassy, the Amazon senior vice president in charge of AWS, said that large companies – including Amazon itself, which is the largest …
I don't know Teradata and Greenplum, but anything that kicks IBM and Oracle in the ad hocs is welcome.
In la la land Seattle, a woman is settling into her new role as product development chief.
What next from there I wonder? A network wide shared library system, that puts porn on your children's computers. Perhaps tiles which show folder contents to whoever is standing next to you.
Can Microsoft please sack everyone who has the following jobtitles... "Business Analyst", "Project Manager", and "Product Manager" and return to its grass roots of techie driven development.
Please return to developing what techies think are good, not what women think are fashionably square and flat, with pretty pictures on them that bear no resemblance to anything you've seen before.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it