Letting Dish roll out LTE into its satellite frequencies will obliterate the value of neighbouring radio spectrum that the US government hopes to sell for billions, said the FCC. FCC rep Justin Cole told Bloomberg that allowing Dish to deploy 4G would "take a public asset potentially worth billions of dollars and turn it into a …
RE: permission to deploy devices using those bands without any satellite capability
IIRC, isn't that what Lightsquared proposed?
And didn't their (Lightsquared's) proposal get essentially shot down due to GPS interference issues?
Now Dish want to offer LTE in a band reserved for satellite uses? Isn't that more of the same nonsense?
Hey FCC, shoot that bird down! (sorry, but I couldn't resist the pun).
Another level of useless government crap
Please refer to the article below.
This is the best part of the article
"The fact is a 16-year old with a smart phone has more advanced communications capability than a police officer," Kelly said
Even if this was a good idea ten years ago, and I am not saying it was, technology has passed it by.
I am sure if DISH donates enough money to the right politicians they will be able to deploy 4G.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account