Seagate is reported to be talking to private equity firms about shifting off the stock market and back into private ownership. This would be the second time it has held such talks, so it's anybody's guess if anything will come of it. We heard about it from Aaron Rakers, a Stifel Nicolaus analyst of good repute, and he heard …
Its hard to believe Seagate needing financial support. I have used many hard drives from various manufactures in the last two decades. Drives from other manufactures tend to fail after about five years but the Seagate drives I have used are still working ten years later.
I've had the same experience. Seems every Western Digital I buy goes for a warrenty return after a year.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...