Seagate is reported to be talking to private equity firms about shifting off the stock market and back into private ownership. This would be the second time it has held such talks, so it's anybody's guess if anything will come of it. We heard about it from Aaron Rakers, a Stifel Nicolaus analyst of good repute, and he heard …
Its hard to believe Seagate needing financial support. I have used many hard drives from various manufactures in the last two decades. Drives from other manufactures tend to fail after about five years but the Seagate drives I have used are still working ten years later.
I've had the same experience. Seems every Western Digital I buy goes for a warrenty return after a year.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders