Applied Micro Circuits is not yet shipping its first X-Gene ARM-based processor aimed at servers, and it is going to be a while yet before it can get the processors into the field. But because there is so much at stake, Applied Micro can't afford to be left out of any conversations about ARM Holding's attack on the data center. …
That storage node looks fake
It looks like it's way past the practical maximum size of PCBs. It doesn't seem to be able to fit into the SMT-mounter.
" Dell is working on a prototype machine with six X-Gene processors"
I wonder what their sweethearts at Intel had to say about that?
Consumer home version please!
Shows two Dell boxes....
..... no it doesn't, it shows a 2U Twin^2 from Supermicro.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network