Applied Micro Circuits is not yet shipping its first X-Gene ARM-based processor aimed at servers, and it is going to be a while yet before it can get the processors into the field. But because there is so much at stake, Applied Micro can't afford to be left out of any conversations about ARM Holding's attack on the data center. …
That storage node looks fake
It looks like it's way past the practical maximum size of PCBs. It doesn't seem to be able to fit into the SMT-mounter.
" Dell is working on a prototype machine with six X-Gene processors"
I wonder what their sweethearts at Intel had to say about that?
Consumer home version please!
Shows two Dell boxes....
..... no it doesn't, it shows a 2U Twin^2 from Supermicro.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users