UK-based hardware hackers have just over a week to apply for Hackday, a tournament tuned to the Raspberry Pi micro-motherboard. The contest takes place on 1 December at Leeds’ Munro House. Proceedings kick off at 10.30am, but the competition starts at 12pm, after which entrants have 24 hours to build a Pi-based system they think …
I really want one of those :/
Thats one hell of prize - I'm sure demand will be er, massive
Its clearly not not about the winning - It must be about the taking part !
the taking Apart!
...Sony makes the Pi? Better start checking them for rootkits then.
There is a simple way to prevent pre-owned games killing the market: make games that we want to play more than once.
Thank you for this El Reg :)
I've registered a place and am now booking train tickets to get there. I've been looking for something like this to go to for a while (next thing I had on my events list was a gamejam in January) and now I can't wait to go.
Mines the one with a pi in one pocket and pie in the other :P
Historymaker I shall see you there, now to try and figure out what to take with me! Might need a bigger sparky box!
"Motherboard" it ain't. It's a bit more than that.
It was worth going
I won! :)
Big thanks to everyone who organised the event and took part in it, was an amazing experience working with such fun technology and interesting ideas.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs