Feeds

back to article Sam Sung found in Apple Store SHOCKER

The business card of an Apple store employee in Vancouver has gone loco on the internet as the world delighted in the fact that he was called Sam Sung. Toronto Web Developer Shaun O'Toole tweeted a photo of Sam Sung's Apple Store business card two days ago and it has been reposted all over the web. Despite rumours that the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Should change his name to...

Sham Sung

Sam Suing

etc

Anonymous Coward

Re: Should change his name to...

If you'd ever worked in Silicon Valley, you'd know if there's any company in the valley synonymous which "sham", it's Apple.

Stop

Re: Should change his name to...

I think the punchline you're looking for is that Sam has an Apple coworker called Sue Yu.

Anonymous Coward

In other news an employee for Samsung (Miss A Patenttroll) is also getting unwanted media attention.

Apple patenttrolls parents Banana and plum were unavailable for comment

Coat

Not her real name...

it's Miss Pat Enttroll

Happy

When I first saw his card...

it was suggested that Apple may have a spy working for them

Coat

Reminds me of the Citroen press release about Charles Peugeot being appointed Sales Director for UK.

Anonymous Coward

re: Citroen press release about Charles Peugeot

Except Peugeot and Citroen have been the same company since 1976.

Facepalm

Re: re: Citroen press release about Charles Peugeot

You're right, that so much funnier than my comment!!

Silver badge
Coat

Not what I would have imagined

If El Reg had reported that a Spanish "Arsh Ole" or a Finnish "Somec Unt" worked in a Apple store now that would have made my day.

Silver badge
Happy

Re: "Somec Unt"

Isn't there one of those high up in Nokia?

Re: "Somec Unt"

Yep there sure is - right at the top of the pile

Joke

He had better not go abroad on holiday...

After Dec 6th. He might find there's an injunction stopping him from entering the country because he looks too much like Apple employees.

Bronze badge
Joke

Re: He had better not go abroad on holiday...

No, no... Look at his smile... He has many, natural, rounded corners, hahaha. Everybody laugh...

JDX
Gold badge

Why on earth would he have been asked to remove his LinkedIn page, and why on earth did his employer have the right to force him to do so?

Silver badge

@JDX: and who on earth told you that his employer forced him to remove the LinkedIn page?!

Silver badge
WTF?

"Why on earth would he have been asked to remove his LinkedIn page, and why on earth did his employer have the right to force him to do so?"

Why on earth are you assuming that happened?

I'm guessing because you don't like Apple. Classic case of bias driving cognition there, though!

iBot

I had dealings last year with an Apple Executive Relations office valled Vincent iBot!!!!

So....Samsung needs to hire......hmmmm, let's see, Christina Applegate? Another person named Steve Jobs? (hint, look on Facebook). Johnny Appleseed?

Or, find a celebrity with the last name Apple:

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/sections/celebrities/last-name/Apple

Bronze badge
Facepalm

Oh dopey British rock stars called Chris married to skinny talentless US actresses who named their daughter Apple!

Bronze badge
Trollface

Almost as good as "Kim Yoo Suk"

If steve was still alive, this guy would have been fired already.

Silver badge

Except that would result in a human rights case. Perhaps he's hoping to cash out on something like that though.

Bronze badge
Joke

If Apple fires him, he could sue, and if Sam won, and could sing,

Then, in the news, what song would Sam have sung? (One of my silly Samsung jokes I made up around 8 years ago.)

Bada bing (Band and big.. Just coincidental here...)

Silver badge
Happy

This reminds me of a generation ago, when I lived in Sacramento

There was (still is I think) a local taco stand chain called "Del Taco", and they found a local housewife named Delta Aco to be their spokesperson. Her droll sweetness made for quite a funny series of commercials!

Paris Hilton

Re: This reminds me of a generation ago, when I lived in Sacramento

As yes... Del Taco is still in business, and expanding... Passable Fast Food Mexican.

Paris, just 'cause...

TRT
Silver badge

Nice looking guy...

Good, round shoulders.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Nice looking guy...

/chuckle

How old is he?

Is he young enough that his parents must have done this knowingly?

Silver badge

Re: How old is he?

I don't presume to know anything about him but around here a lot of East Asian migrants adopt a western or westernised name because it's too difficult for the locals to pronounce their birth name.

If that's the case, bonus points if he chose the name himself.

Re: How old is he?

Aye, I've seen that phenomenon.

Best example of this was a lass who chose the to call herself Ophelia.

Her surname was Coq.

Sam Sung, CEO

I see this chap rising right to the very top of Apple Inc., much like Major Major Major in Catch-22.

This post has been deleted by its author

Gold badge
Facepalm

Re: Sam Sung, CEO

Except of course that Major Major could not rise to the top.

His promotion to Colonel was turned down on the grounds that the Army Air Force were delighted to have a Major Major Major and weren't about to lose him just 'cos someone thought that he deserved a promotion.......

Coat

How many...

How many macs could Sam Sung sell if Sam Sung could sell macs?

Hmm... don't roll too well off the tongue... Oh well.

Bronze badge
Devil

I'll have to go there tomorrow! I work across the road from there.

Megaphone

Except that Samsung isn't properly pronounced Samsung

It's pronounced Samseong Geurup (Samsung Group)in proper revised transliteration of the Hangeul 삼성그룹.

Nitpickly annyeonghi

Georg

FAIL

Re: Except that Samsung isn't properly pronounced Samsung

Eh? Its still spelt exactly the same, and therefore very probably pronounced exactly the same, you pointless little fool.

If a Scotsman named his daughter Apple Macintosh would Apple sue?

This topic is closed for new posts.