Creative Labs is to all sell parts of its graphics chip wing, ZiiLabs, to Intel for $50 million (£31.4 million). The deal involves a $30 million payment for “certain engineering resources and assets” from ZiiLabs' UK operation and a further $2 million for “the licensing of certain technologies... relating to ZiiLabs' high …
Worth noting that a significant portion of Ziilabs is in the UK.
Also I would recommend looking at what implications Ziilabs' technology has for Intel, both in their Atom range and their CE range. I am quite excited by this sale, it could be a real innovation for Intel if they don't smother Ziilabs.
Not really innovation if they've simply bought it is it?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16