Creative Labs is to all sell parts of its graphics chip wing, ZiiLabs, to Intel for $50 million (£31.4 million). The deal involves a $30 million payment for “certain engineering resources and assets” from ZiiLabs' UK operation and a further $2 million for “the licensing of certain technologies... relating to ZiiLabs' high …
Worth noting that a significant portion of Ziilabs is in the UK.
Also I would recommend looking at what implications Ziilabs' technology has for Intel, both in their Atom range and their CE range. I am quite excited by this sale, it could be a real innovation for Intel if they don't smother Ziilabs.
Not really innovation if they've simply bought it is it?
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'