Creative Labs is to all sell parts of its graphics chip wing, ZiiLabs, to Intel for $50 million (£31.4 million). The deal involves a $30 million payment for “certain engineering resources and assets” from ZiiLabs' UK operation and a further $2 million for “the licensing of certain technologies... relating to ZiiLabs' high …
Worth noting that a significant portion of Ziilabs is in the UK.
Also I would recommend looking at what implications Ziilabs' technology has for Intel, both in their Atom range and their CE range. I am quite excited by this sale, it could be a real innovation for Intel if they don't smother Ziilabs.
Not really innovation if they've simply bought it is it?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'