Creative Labs is to all sell parts of its graphics chip wing, ZiiLabs, to Intel for $50 million (£31.4 million). The deal involves a $30 million payment for “certain engineering resources and assets” from ZiiLabs' UK operation and a further $2 million for “the licensing of certain technologies... relating to ZiiLabs' high …
Worth noting that a significant portion of Ziilabs is in the UK.
Also I would recommend looking at what implications Ziilabs' technology has for Intel, both in their Atom range and their CE range. I am quite excited by this sale, it could be a real innovation for Intel if they don't smother Ziilabs.
Not really innovation if they've simply bought it is it?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know