Feeds

back to article AT&T randomly letting some customers use FaceTime on cellular

AT&T customers on tiered data plans with LTE devices can already use Apple's FaceTime over mobile connections, but now the operator is spreading the love just in time for the holidays. For AT&T customers on new unlimited tariffs, and those hanging on to old contracts, Apple's decision to permit FaceTime over cellular on iOS6 was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Trollface

Does anyone actually use FaceTime?

Only once - when you first get your iPhone. The short conversation invariably ends with "I can see straight up your nose!"

Exactly my question.

I've NEVER seen someone use facetime. Not once.

The only time I've EVER tried it is to see if my MAC connects with my wife's 4. It worked. We played with it once, and haven't tried it again.

I undestand the argument people have, but I really would love to know how many people actually USE facetime. I don't think the number is very high.

MrT
Bronze badge

Saw it used...

...on The Big Bang Theory (s4 ep17 or so). That one ended in the "I can see right up your nose" thing. Never seen it used IRL outside of an office - network manager used it a couple of times to contact techs. The novelty soon wore off because it just isn't as convenient to try to hold the device and aim a camera as it is to just use an earpiece and drop back to voice leaving hands free to work. On these odd occasions they used it for troubleshooting physical things, up to the point where a network connection was established and remote desktop took over. It's got a place in the grand scheme of things, but won't be any where near first choice in many folk's lists.

This topic is closed for new posts.