The New Zealand Privacy Commissioner has confirmed that Google has finally destroyed the ill-gotten data scooped up from unsecured WiFi networks during its Street View filming across New Zealand. The antipodean Googleplex had earlier claimed that that it had securely destroyed its payload information, but in early October, …
Google are still doing it!
This is a joke, google are still collecting WiFi network information. Every Android device with WiFi and GPS can be used by google to collect this information. If you enable location positioning then it uses both WiFi and GPS to work out your position, it will then send the details about any WiFi sources found back to google along with the GPS position.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone