The New Zealand Privacy Commissioner has confirmed that Google has finally destroyed the ill-gotten data scooped up from unsecured WiFi networks during its Street View filming across New Zealand. The antipodean Googleplex had earlier claimed that that it had securely destroyed its payload information, but in early October, …
Google are still doing it!
This is a joke, google are still collecting WiFi network information. Every Android device with WiFi and GPS can be used by google to collect this information. If you enable location positioning then it uses both WiFi and GPS to work out your position, it will then send the details about any WiFi sources found back to google along with the GPS position.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'