back to article Intel roadmap leak shows quad-core Atoms for 2014

Intel plans to release its first 22nm quad-core Atom system on a chip at the start of 2014, according to a leaked roadmap showing the new processor's specifications. Atom roadmap Bay View-T sees in the New Year (click to enlarge) German tech blog Mobilegeeks.de got hold of the roadmap, which shows the current Clover Trail …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Gen 7?

Intel is replacing Imagination graphics IP with internal graphics IP for future SoC!?! Interesting!

Boffin

Given the time frame for launch rather odd it is only direct x11 rather than 11.1

Anonymous Coward

11.1 doesn't offer anything particularly useful for the vast majority of users. (Look at the failure of 3D TV to take off.)

Anonymous Coward

I expect is it really supports 11.1 despite the slide but don't quote me on that.

Silver badge
Windows

Windows only?

Are they sticking with that?

Silver badge
FAIL

DirectX 11 good for gaming comunity? Sounds like it will barely cope with windows 8.

But it's a HUGE 3 times performance boost!

That means, instead of running like shit, it'll run like one third of a shit!

Bronze badge

Competition

A quad-core Atom is a more power-efficient way to deliver throughput than a single-core faster chip, so I'm not too surprised, given all the quad-core ARM chips out there.

But why isn't Intel considering a sixteen-core Atom to compete with AMD's Opteron 6300?

WTF?

2014?

Is that really 2014 and not 2013? The pace of Atom development is truly pathetic, the door is wide open for ARM to own this segment.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums