A surprising rumour suggesting that Yahoo! had been in talks with Facebook about a possible search deal popped up in the British Sunday press yesterday. It then quickly catapulted its way to Silicon Valley - only to be almost immediately pooh-poohed as nonsense. The Sunday Telegraph reported that Yahoo! chief Marissa Mayer had …
Wow, already talks of Microsoft not surviving..
I know Windows Phone has flopped, and Windows 8 has met with a almost universal "meh", but talking about their demise is surely a little premature. Give it to the summer at least....
Bing still has a long way to go before they are even getting half the search traffic that google does if the stats from my webserver are anything to go by.
Bing brings in about 3% of traffic, while google in its various incarnations (.com, co.uk etc) is about 85% of the traffic. Even adding in yahoo and facebook search traffice barely gives bing 4%
Doesn't yahoo still have their old search engine laying around somewhere?
Since they're now "bing powered", well, easy money selling off a search engine they're not using anyway, not so?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth