Is Overland toast? Its latest results are dreadful - again - with revenues down and losses up, yet management talks about operating profitability being gained by July 2013. Is it nuts? CEO and president Eric Kelly said: "Our lower than expected total revenue is largely due to the difficult macroeconomic environment in Europe and …
I had absolutely no idea Overland made SME filers. Do they compete with NetApp or Synology? SME is a big spectrum...
Their website doesn't seem to work right in Chrome, no wonder nobody buys their stuff...
It works fine in Chrome in Windows and Mac for me!
Yes, Overland competes with NetApp in the SMB/SME space with NAS and scale out NAS. As far as Synology goes, this is a low end product aimed more at the SOHO and SMB market and they compete with QNAP, Buffalo, Iomega and the like.
Qnap I can see; but Synology make some bretty damned bitchin' SME stuff that goes quite a ways past "SMB." I'd say they are firmly into the SME market with their higher end gear. Buffalo and Iomega don't come close.
So that's why I find the positioning interesting...if they compete with Netapp in the SME space, how are they losing?. If they were competing with Synology, well...
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account