Dust-devil tornadoes have swirled around Mars rover Curiosity during its time on the planet's surface, its weather-watching instrument reports. The nuclear truck comes equipped with the Rover Environmental Monitoring Station (REMS) that has spotted transient whirlwinds in the Gale Crater on Mars. Boffins have looked at REMS' …
blast the devil with your laser canons!
that's what I would do if my nuclear tank was under attack...
Re: blast the devil with your laser, canons!
I didn't know that Catholic ministers were typically equipped with lasers these days...
Re: blast the devil with your laser canons!
Laser cannons? Gee, all I every had was Rocket Launchers. And the BGF, of course.
(I loved the fundies getting excited about Doom - YOU ARE KILLING THE DEMONS YOU TWITS!)
Surprised by mini-tornadoes in the *Gale* crater? Like, D'uh!
"Dorothy" Gale to be exact
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Invisible Martian dust devils that go *the wrong way*???
Look to the skies! The cylinders are coming!
What's that noise...?
Sounds like Ulla! Ulla!
It's starting to get like the shuttle...
... You remember? After the tenth flight or so? When the novelty had worn off, and they were looking for experiments from nursery schools to take up in a vain attempt to 'reconnect with the public'?
Now we're expected to get excited about the winds in a crater being from a direction they didn't expect....
Re: It's starting to get like the shuttle...
Do you think that this isn't with doing, or are you noting that some advances look trivial?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?