EMC has released the "Mavericks" update of its Isilon scale-out filer operating system, OneFS, aiming to be the top scale-out filer gun in the enterprise sector. Isilon filers cluster together in swarms to produce more than 15 petabytes of file storage resources in a single pool with over 100GB/se of throughput and data striped …
Looks like EMC has finally tried to deliver on one of their promises, which is to make Isilon a contender for VMware storage. I'd be curious to know what the hard numbers on the latency reduction are. Percentages are nice, but what is the actual range shift, one wonders.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace