EMC has released the "Mavericks" update of its Isilon scale-out filer operating system, OneFS, aiming to be the top scale-out filer gun in the enterprise sector. Isilon filers cluster together in swarms to produce more than 15 petabytes of file storage resources in a single pool with over 100GB/se of throughput and data striped …
Looks like EMC has finally tried to deliver on one of their promises, which is to make Isilon a contender for VMware storage. I'd be curious to know what the hard numbers on the latency reduction are. Percentages are nice, but what is the actual range shift, one wonders.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion