EMC has released the "Mavericks" update of its Isilon scale-out filer operating system, OneFS, aiming to be the top scale-out filer gun in the enterprise sector. Isilon filers cluster together in swarms to produce more than 15 petabytes of file storage resources in a single pool with over 100GB/se of throughput and data striped …
Looks like EMC has finally tried to deliver on one of their promises, which is to make Isilon a contender for VMware storage. I'd be curious to know what the hard numbers on the latency reduction are. Percentages are nice, but what is the actual range shift, one wonders.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about