EMC has released the "Mavericks" update of its Isilon scale-out filer operating system, OneFS, aiming to be the top scale-out filer gun in the enterprise sector. Isilon filers cluster together in swarms to produce more than 15 petabytes of file storage resources in a single pool with over 100GB/se of throughput and data striped …
Looks like EMC has finally tried to deliver on one of their promises, which is to make Isilon a contender for VMware storage. I'd be curious to know what the hard numbers on the latency reduction are. Percentages are nice, but what is the actual range shift, one wonders.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM