A price war at the low-end of the notebook PC market where Dell has chosen not to participate plus a slump in PC sales where it is fighting to win buyers is wreaking havoc on Dell's financials. In the company's third quarter of fiscal 2013 ended on November 2, consumer mobile PC revenues were down a staggering 30 per cent. The …
"That said, CEO Dell piped up and said that the company has one customer that has bought a total of one exabyte of storage capacity from Dell."
Was it <a href="http://www.nsa.gov/">these guys?</a>
"The lines between servers and storage are getting blurred," Dell said.
How very 90's!
Dell's laptops were always over priced. They charge full price for upgrades and don't give credit for the item that was replaced. I buy at the as-is price and upgrade the memory and hard drive myself at cheaper prices. And I get to keep the left over parts to sell.
networking quarter and force10
Just wondering if this is a first year over year quarter where Force10 is in the dell results vs last year when they may not of been. I notice Dell closed the Force10 deal at the end of August which makes me suspect that Force10 may not of been included in the last year results. So the math may be a bit fuzzy as for apples to apples comparisons there.
I bet Nimble is taking a decent chunk out of Equallogic..
Shut Dell down
And give the money back to the shareholders.
Tablets lowered expectations!
When people accepted the iPad there was obviously a dramatic lowering of requirements from buyers.
Thus your supposedly half decent laptop is surplus to requirements for many consumers.
Maybe the millions of the semi-used, too small for general indoor use, iPad Minis will boost laptop sales.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things