Flash array start-up SolidFire is going full tilt into the cloud, punting its arrays as multi-app performance engines offering less than $4/GB costs. We first wrote about SolidFire here. It says its SF3010 and SF6010 arrays can be clustered using 10Gbit/s Ethernet in 100-node setups offering more than 2PB of capacity and 5 …
Cloud? 'Fraid Neyt
What should be the characteristics of a cloud storage platform?
Performance ... ok
Scalability ... ok
Perf QOS ... ok
Multi-tenancy ... no
Provisioning ... no
Reporting ... no
DP QOS ... no
What is the software foundation for SolidFire. Sounds like another ZFS based setup.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen