Flash array start-up SolidFire is going full tilt into the cloud, punting its arrays as multi-app performance engines offering less than $4/GB costs. We first wrote about SolidFire here. It says its SF3010 and SF6010 arrays can be clustered using 10Gbit/s Ethernet in 100-node setups offering more than 2PB of capacity and 5 …
Cloud? 'Fraid Neyt
What should be the characteristics of a cloud storage platform?
Performance ... ok
Scalability ... ok
Perf QOS ... ok
Multi-tenancy ... no
Provisioning ... no
Reporting ... no
DP QOS ... no
What is the software foundation for SolidFire. Sounds like another ZFS based setup.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks