Flash array start-up SolidFire is going full tilt into the cloud, punting its arrays as multi-app performance engines offering less than $4/GB costs. We first wrote about SolidFire here. It says its SF3010 and SF6010 arrays can be clustered using 10Gbit/s Ethernet in 100-node setups offering more than 2PB of capacity and 5 …
Cloud? 'Fraid Neyt
What should be the characteristics of a cloud storage platform?
Performance ... ok
Scalability ... ok
Perf QOS ... ok
Multi-tenancy ... no
Provisioning ... no
Reporting ... no
DP QOS ... no
What is the software foundation for SolidFire. Sounds like another ZFS based setup.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle