Flash array start-up SolidFire is going full tilt into the cloud, punting its arrays as multi-app performance engines offering less than $4/GB costs. We first wrote about SolidFire here. It says its SF3010 and SF6010 arrays can be clustered using 10Gbit/s Ethernet in 100-node setups offering more than 2PB of capacity and 5 …
Cloud? 'Fraid Neyt
What should be the characteristics of a cloud storage platform?
Performance ... ok
Scalability ... ok
Perf QOS ... ok
Multi-tenancy ... no
Provisioning ... no
Reporting ... no
DP QOS ... no
What is the software foundation for SolidFire. Sounds like another ZFS based setup.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account