Flash array start-up SolidFire is going full tilt into the cloud, punting its arrays as multi-app performance engines offering less than $4/GB costs. We first wrote about SolidFire here. It says its SF3010 and SF6010 arrays can be clustered using 10Gbit/s Ethernet in 100-node setups offering more than 2PB of capacity and 5 …
Cloud? 'Fraid Neyt
What should be the characteristics of a cloud storage platform?
Performance ... ok
Scalability ... ok
Perf QOS ... ok
Multi-tenancy ... no
Provisioning ... no
Reporting ... no
DP QOS ... no
What is the software foundation for SolidFire. Sounds like another ZFS based setup.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs