back to article Microsoft flings free Xboxes to long-term Live lovers

Microsoft is giving some of its long-standing Xbox Live members a limited edition Xbox 360, free of charge, in celebration of the online service's ten year anniversary. A number of gamers expressed their joy this week when they received an Xbox Live Limited Edition Xbox 360 in the post without prior warning. Microsoft's Larry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alert

I probably would have 10 years if the stupid things didn't keep dying on me from overheating/motherboard failure/powersupply failure. Usually about 1 month out of warranty too.

Silver badge
Devil

What a cruel,

and unusual punishment.

There was me hoping it meant the Windows Live account :(

Thumb Up

and me! Had my Hotmail account since '97 and I've been a subscriber since , well, not sure, sometime after that, plus 2 years of Xbox Live Gold now (4 years in total all on the same machine not sure how people break them so easily) only another 8 to go and I can get an Xbox 720/Infinite/enter latest code name here.

Anonymous Coward

Awww

I thought it was quite a nice gesture.

*Runs. Hides*

g e
Silver badge
Holmes

Certainly Gold only

After all when you have to pay for a Gold account to access your already-paid-for SKY/Lovefilm/Netflix/etc accounts how is it going to be any other way.

The XBOX actually got turned on over the weekend after about a year... because Halo4 isn't available on PS3

Thumb Up

I'll take one!

If they want to send one my way I wouldn't say no. Not sure where they would get my postal address from though.

Anonymous Coward

Seems to be limited

to only those posting excessive anti-Sony propaganda and PS3 FUD.

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Seems to be limited

If only Sony did the same eh? You would be due a truckload of PS3 consoles by now.

Jad
Thumb Up

Re: Seems to be limited

my only regret is that I have but 1 upvote to give you!

Thumb Down

Bah!

...selling my Xbox, the graphics are shite now.

Silver badge
WTF?

Re: Bah!

They've suddenly got worse?

Anonymous Coward

Er... so they're giving people who have had an xbox for ten years... an xbox?

Silver badge
Devil

Increased sales figures!

Every little helps...

Unhappy

I remember the days when I played Rainbow 6 Live Demo when Xbox live first came out, I'm just annoyed I didn't migrate my old xbox live account when it moved to the 360 :(

Anonymous Coward

Calculation

How much would 10 years of Live (Gold) cost - more than the free XBOX ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums