DataDirect Networks has updated its high-end WOS object storage system and says it's lower-cost than Amazon for petabyte-and-above deployments. WOS, Web Object Scaler, v2.5, is intended for petabyte-class deployments and not for entry-level or mid-market object storage. The claim is that it enables private and public cloud …
Amazon S3 is expensive at scale
You don't need to scale to a PB, even if you only need a 100TB, it is much cheaper to DIY than buy from Amazon when you spread the cost out over a number of years for most people.
Amazon rescales top-end prices, removes problem
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?