DataDirect Networks has updated its high-end WOS object storage system and says it's lower-cost than Amazon for petabyte-and-above deployments. WOS, Web Object Scaler, v2.5, is intended for petabyte-class deployments and not for entry-level or mid-market object storage. The claim is that it enables private and public cloud …
Amazon S3 is expensive at scale
You don't need to scale to a PB, even if you only need a 100TB, it is much cheaper to DIY than buy from Amazon when you spread the cost out over a number of years for most people.
Amazon rescales top-end prices, removes problem
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize