back to article VMware wants to play 'Server Tetris' in your data centre

VMware chief technology officer Steve Herrod wants to play Tetris with your data centre, in the hope that if he can get your workloads lined up just right some of your costs will disappear. Herrod explained his new game at a press lunch in Sydney today, where he outlined some of VMware's future plans. While he never strayed far …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Mushroom

The twitches of a slowly dying animal. Hyper-V is going to take a large chunk of the market away from them...

K
Bronze badge
Trollface

Meh..

I smell BS - I bet you said the same thing when the last version of Hyper-V was released.

Can't remember where I read it, but somebody wrote "I'll only take Hyper-V seriously once I start seeing products such as Fusion-IO being actively and heavily marketed for it". And I can only agree..

Fact is 90%+ of Virtualisation implementations are VMWare, even if M$ chew into that by 10-15%, its still does very little to the current landscape.

This post has been deleted by its author

Silver badge

Re: Meh..

Truth is I know far more people running Xen or KVM than I do Hyper-V. As you say though, VMWare still hold the crown by a long-shot, and that's not going to change for quite some time.

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

To the OP - this must be the good old british sarcasm!!

If not.....well.....I pity you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums