Although a Nextgen buy would probably be blocked by Australia’s competition regulator, reports are emerging that Telstra has its eye on the Leighton-owned data centre operation, Metronode. Leighton Holdings has its telecommunications assets on the block as it tries to put its balance book in better shape for the stock jocks. …
Telstra & Tasmania
The Tasmanian experience of a Telstra controlled backhaul was that no service providers could compete, and afford to put in ADSL-2 and telstra had most of their exchanges adsl-2 capable but wouldn't turn them on until a competitor put in adsl-2 into an exchange. Things suddenly changed with the announcements of the NBN, about the same time the state government was looking to light up fibres that went in with the basslink power cable. As to the fate of the basslink fibre, or if it is yet as cheap to send data across bass straight as it is to get data to the USA I dont know.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp