Although a Nextgen buy would probably be blocked by Australia’s competition regulator, reports are emerging that Telstra has its eye on the Leighton-owned data centre operation, Metronode. Leighton Holdings has its telecommunications assets on the block as it tries to put its balance book in better shape for the stock jocks. …
Telstra & Tasmania
The Tasmanian experience of a Telstra controlled backhaul was that no service providers could compete, and afford to put in ADSL-2 and telstra had most of their exchanges adsl-2 capable but wouldn't turn them on until a competitor put in adsl-2 into an exchange. Things suddenly changed with the announcements of the NBN, about the same time the state government was looking to light up fibres that went in with the basslink power cable. As to the fate of the basslink fibre, or if it is yet as cheap to send data across bass straight as it is to get data to the USA I dont know.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps