NetApp has boosted its high performance computing style storage arrays, the "not-ONTAP" E-Series arrays, by adding a solid state drive cache, better data protection and new network connectivity options. But the storage vendor is keeping quiet on flash cache capacity. NetApp's HPC style arrays ingest and disgorging data faster …
until NetApp replaces their own shelves with the LSI stuff? I seem to recall reading they were going to do that at some point..
Max SSD cache
5 TB per controller array
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media