Feeds

back to article Edible iPhone case goes on sale in Japan

Japan’s never-ending quest to fulfil stereotypes about its slightly eccentric approach to technology continued this week after reports emerged of an iPhone 5 case made entirely of edible rice crackers. The “Survival Senbei iPhone 5 case” is produced from toasted brown rice and salt, moulded to the sleek contours of the brand new …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Meh

Oh yes.

Another to file under "WTF Japan?"

Re: Oh yes.

Personally I think this is a good idea. I admit I probably wont take an iPhone willingly into a survival situation, I can think of better tools. But in an absolute emergency it seems kind of useful.

Gold badge
Meh

Along with the school girl pop singers?

Bronze badge

Eat something that had been placed on pub/ work tables, had other peoples' grubby hands all over them and been in and out of fluff-strewn pockets for months? I think I'd rather starve.

Silver badge
FAIL

An ideal product neatly attuned to the ...

mentality of the dummies who have the stupidity to buy an iThingy in the first place.

Silver badge
Joke

Python-san?

OK, I now have the mental image of a sumo-style Japanese Mr Creosote being offered "just one wafer-thin iPhone" and eating the case, phone and all?

Silver badge

Going there shortly. I will ask if there are similar cases for android phones, just for fun

120% chance?

Eh?

Bronze badge

Re: 120% chance?

I was thinking that. I assume it's one of the 83.76278% of statistics that are made up.

Anonymous Coward

Not so much the edible case...

...as the thing inside it that I cannot stomach.

Survival? You'd be better off with an apple.

Anonymous Coward

"chances of breakage are in the event of a magnitude nine earthquake, or if it remains edible after being soaked with sea water"

--nice

Silver badge
Joke

So is this like edible underwear to those who REALLY love their iPhone?

Anonymous Coward

Darryl,

You're a bad person, made me snort tea. Go and stand in the corner :)

Silver badge
Coat

I think this is proof that you are what you eat…

Surely anyone who buys one of these is truly crackers…

Thumb Up

Take a hint...

"Using touch screen: 18% ・Touched by friend: 81%"

Says a lot about what most iPhone users' friends really think about them.

osenbei are delicious

but meant to be popped straight in. Their oh-so-slightly-caramelised-soy glaze would accumulate all sorts of fluff. The seaweed garnish wrappings would flake off too.

生存 seizun (survival) sounds like sanzen(3K) ( happyaku juu hachi(.818K) ) punnishly

This topic is closed for new posts.