Hyperscale server and supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics is still chewing through a pile of ICE X cluster low-margin deals – what company top brass call LMDs, a weapon of profit destruction that their predecessors allowed – which whacked profits in the quarter ended in September. That September quarter is the first quarter of …
SGI has a bigger curse on their name than "Amiga"
Honestly, what dull-as-dishwater rack servers have to do with sexy desktop supercomputers (for the time) like the Crimson, Indy, Indigo etc. is beyond me. But Rackable bought 'em, now they get the curse.
Terminator because graphics.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise