Hyperscale server and supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics is still chewing through a pile of ICE X cluster low-margin deals – what company top brass call LMDs, a weapon of profit destruction that their predecessors allowed – which whacked profits in the quarter ended in September. That September quarter is the first quarter of …
SGI has a bigger curse on their name than "Amiga"
Honestly, what dull-as-dishwater rack servers have to do with sexy desktop supercomputers (for the time) like the Crimson, Indy, Indigo etc. is beyond me. But Rackable bought 'em, now they get the curse.
Terminator because graphics.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones