Hyperscale server and supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics is still chewing through a pile of ICE X cluster low-margin deals – what company top brass call LMDs, a weapon of profit destruction that their predecessors allowed – which whacked profits in the quarter ended in September. That September quarter is the first quarter of …
SGI has a bigger curse on their name than "Amiga"
Honestly, what dull-as-dishwater rack servers have to do with sexy desktop supercomputers (for the time) like the Crimson, Indy, Indigo etc. is beyond me. But Rackable bought 'em, now they get the curse.
Terminator because graphics.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad