speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise This week's techcast delves into all the latest technology in the storage and virtualisation sector. Your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela (Ed Saipetch is away on a secret mission) are talking to the Man Who Knows - special guest J Metz (@DrJMetz), who is strategic …
So skip the first 8 minutes
where all they do is talk about people 's names, basketball and French. It's irrelevant.
The promise of FCoE
Metz makes a fair case for using Ethernet but doesn't make a case for replacing FC with FCoE.
When customers look into the complexity of FC and then look at FCoE, which maintains that level of complexity,
Secondly, FCoE may work for larger customers, but for the broader market - small and medium sized customers, FC is established, reliable, works well and is cost-effective. iSCSI is large and growing rapidly because it is also established, reliable, works well and is extremely cost-effective, but with the simplicity that FCoE doesn't bring to the table.
I know Cisco has a bunch of Nexus switches they need to push, but is anyone else other than Cisco leading with FCoE?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL