speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise This week's techcast delves into all the latest technology in the storage and virtualisation sector. Your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela (Ed Saipetch is away on a secret mission) are talking to the Man Who Knows - special guest J Metz (@DrJMetz), who is strategic …
So skip the first 8 minutes
where all they do is talk about people 's names, basketball and French. It's irrelevant.
The promise of FCoE
Metz makes a fair case for using Ethernet but doesn't make a case for replacing FC with FCoE.
When customers look into the complexity of FC and then look at FCoE, which maintains that level of complexity,
Secondly, FCoE may work for larger customers, but for the broader market - small and medium sized customers, FC is established, reliable, works well and is cost-effective. iSCSI is large and growing rapidly because it is also established, reliable, works well and is extremely cost-effective, but with the simplicity that FCoE doesn't bring to the table.
I know Cisco has a bunch of Nexus switches they need to push, but is anyone else other than Cisco leading with FCoE?
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...