back to article Two Texan teams tool up, ride out to enormo cluster shootout

People in most US states would be ecstatic (or, perhaps, totally indifferent) to hear that one of their universities made it to the 2012 Student Cluster Competition (SCC) in Salt Lake City, but the state of Texas wanted more - so it's sending two teams to the Great Salt Lake Siege. Details on cluster-building competition rules, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

"They’re just like Fight Club, but with much more math."

Seriously... it would be neat to see video coverage of this event. Seems like if there's not a green angle to it (solar house and car competitions, etc) these competitions go largely unreported.

Good on El Reg though... I do enjoy the HPC reporting here both in general, and the collegiate competitions in particular.

Thumb Up

Re: "They’re just like Fight Club, but with much more math."

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy the coverage of the Cluster Competitions, thanks for the comment - it made my day (so far at least).

I've shot and posted quite a bit of video covering the cluster competition at SC10, SC11, and ISC12. A quick search on El Reg using my name and/or cluster competition should pull it up. All of it is also up on YouTube too. I'm going to shoot more this year and you'll see it here first. Thanks again for the comment, it's much appreciated....

(Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: "They’re just like Fight Club, but with much more math."

Obviously, I enjoy reading them too but I'm also a little bit jealous. Not sure what we'd do with a Vulture Central cluster, though.

C.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums