A couple of old-timer teams round out the field at the upcoming SC12 Student Cluster Competition (SCC) in Salt Lake City. These contests started in 2007 and between them, these two teams have participated in a total of nine matches. Each school has six team members plus three advisors/coaches. Let’s assume that the competition …
...but I bet if you hosted a Left 4 Dead game on there I would still lag out and get blown away by some Croatian teen.
Re: 703 Gigaflops
Maybe, but maybe not. When I'm covering the Student Clustering Competitions at the SC events, I've had some opportunities to use their wired network connections late at night when no one else is around. I was amazed at how quickly my videos uploaded and decided to run some network speed tests. What I found is that I could max out almost every internet speed test I could find. If I remember correctly, the download speed I was seeing was close to the max speed of the spinning hard drive in my laptop. Damn, I should have captured a screen shot...I'll try to do so this year.
Anyway, my point is that you'd kill them by having much less network latency than they have. That was a damned long tangent to get to that simple point, wasn't it?
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?