IT vendors, already under attack for stonewalling the Australian government’s IT pricing inquiry, have received a blunt warning from the ACCC: don’t lie about why your products are expensive in Australia. Speaking to the Australian Financial Review, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chair Rod Sims says the watchdog …
Ahh, ACCC, the tiger without teeth.
Actually, more like a pussy cat without teeth, or claws for that matter.
Besides, it's not really the local vendors that are marking up the prices, rather than the overseas suppliers.
Making that entirely transparent isn't going to fix the price difference.
But it appears the aim of the ACCC in this case, isn't that you're getting screwed, it's knowing WHO is screwing you.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some overseas webstores to visit...
I hope they drag them out of their offices....
And kick them out into the gutter on the street.
My funny joke:
Q: What is the difference between American software executives and a bunch of drunken arseholes?
A: The drunken arseholes have an excuse for their behaviour.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests