IT vendors, already under attack for stonewalling the Australian government’s IT pricing inquiry, have received a blunt warning from the ACCC: don’t lie about why your products are expensive in Australia. Speaking to the Australian Financial Review, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chair Rod Sims says the watchdog …
Ahh, ACCC, the tiger without teeth.
Actually, more like a pussy cat without teeth, or claws for that matter.
Besides, it's not really the local vendors that are marking up the prices, rather than the overseas suppliers.
Making that entirely transparent isn't going to fix the price difference.
But it appears the aim of the ACCC in this case, isn't that you're getting screwed, it's knowing WHO is screwing you.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some overseas webstores to visit...
I hope they drag them out of their offices....
And kick them out into the gutter on the street.
My funny joke:
Q: What is the difference between American software executives and a bunch of drunken arseholes?
A: The drunken arseholes have an excuse for their behaviour.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!