Neul, the Cambridge White Space start-up staffed by some of the UK's top radio boffins, has managed to pick up some serious backers for its new Weightless protocol. A new special interest group backed by ARM, CSR and Vodafone-owned Cable & Wireless Worldwide will be pushing the UK to the forefront of M2M, plugging everything …
I look forward to the day...
When I walk into the kitchen to find the toaster and fridge freezer chatting, then discovering I can't open the fridge because the wife has had a word about my diet! OK I'll settle for some toast.... what? no toast! Come on guys!!!!
So called "White Space" is a myth and will simply cause interference to other (non-whitespace) users.
However the standard and Protocols may be of use on bands licensed for it.
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe