back to article Facebook COO Sandberg sells MEELLLIONS OF DOLLARS of stock

Mark Zuckerberg's right-hand woman Sheryl Sandberg banked approximately $7.44m on Friday, after she sold around 353,000 of her shares in Facebook as trading restrictions for employees expired. The free-content ad network's COO - who joined Facebook from rival Google in March 2008 - retains about 20 million vested shares in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Ru
Paris Hilton

"Zuck's outfit is still worth... around $60bn"

"Zuck's outfit is still worth roughly about the same as British supermarket giant Tesco at around $60bn"

Lets go for "valued at $60bn" rather than "worth", shall we? What with Tesco having strippable assets, and all. Facebook's value lies largely in its userbase, and users aren't exactly fungible.

Headmaster

Re: "Zuck's outfit is still worth... around $60bn"

Eh, your dictionary will define "worth" using "financial value".

Bronze badge

Call me suspicious

But could it be that the rats have started to leave the sinking ship?

Windows

Fair enough

If I had a wad of Future MySpace shares I'd be cashing in as fast as I could manage as well.

Anonymous Coward

Pump and Dump Scam - rats leaving a sinking ship

How many more times do I have to post this. I said it way before the IPO and I'll continue to say it.

Goldman Sachs and the owners of Facebook are a bunch of sharks.

Ru

Re: Pump and Dump Scam - rats leaving a sinking ship

"Goldman Sachs... are a bunch of sharks.

Speaking as a vertebrate, I take offense to that. It has already been observed in the past that Goldman Sachs are in fact a giant vampire squid clamped to the face of humanity.

Silver badge

Some figures

Ms Sandberg owned 1.9 million shares - she's sold 350,000. Strikes me as sensible diversification. Or perhaps she saw a nice house she wanted and couldn't get a mortgage.

Alert

Advice:

I remember some excellent advice from the old Apple Recon stock analysis site:

"I'll start buying when the insiders stop selling."

If corporate executives with stock holdings are selling, that's a signal they don't believe the stock will perform well. And they ought to know.

Ignoring questions of whether mass insider selling will kill Facebook, marvel at the thought that 4 years work by a senior exec (but not a founder) for an already established company is deemed worth half a billion in stock on top of whatever salary she earnt.

Unless she shits gold bars I have to think that any definition of the phrase ''right place at the right time' should come with a picture of Sheryl Sandberg grinning from ear to ear on her new super-yacht.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums