Virgin has updated its PAYG deals to - it claims - undercut all of its operator rivals by offering unlimited data for a mere £10 top up. The company rolled out two fresh tiers of tariff this week, one geared towards the natterer, the other prepped for surf addicts. One tariff, "Big Data and Texts", offers unlimited mobile data …
From Virgin Media T&Cs
"For customers on the Big Data & Texts tariff excessive use over 10GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s) on our network between midday and midnight."
That's not bad actually. Tethering not allowed, as to be expected.
I'm wondering, if I tether my Asus Transformer (running Android) will they notice the difference from my Android phone?
Re: From Virgin Media T&Cs
Well spotted, I just chased Virgin for clarification on this as well. 10GB of data then 3G speeds thereafter is pretty generous imo and certainly feels more "unlimited" than some of the other ones out there.
I have a Virgin Mobile on contract, every month they try to charge me for over usage on my data. Every month I ring them and get them to refund it..
The Three option...
,,seems good on the face of it. However, their network coverage is CR@P and their customer service is not much better.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops