Google may have a love-hate relationship with China, but local reports suggest it still sees huge potential in the People’s Republic, claiming that it recently snapped up 18 key domain names under the internationalised suffix ‘.中国’. Internet oversight body ICANN has been pushing its Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) project …
I can understand them registering domains using chinese characters, but why the strange bi-lingual mixture? Surely Chrome.中国 should be something like 铬.中国 - it's a bit like registering cheap-viagra.fr instead of viagra-pas-cher.fr, or nicht-erwähnen-den-krieg.co.uk
Not so simple?
I hope they remember to register domains with .中國 as well.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10. Evidently, Seven ate Nine
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9