Google may have a love-hate relationship with China, but local reports suggest it still sees huge potential in the People’s Republic, claiming that it recently snapped up 18 key domain names under the internationalised suffix ‘.中国’. Internet oversight body ICANN has been pushing its Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) project …
I can understand them registering domains using chinese characters, but why the strange bi-lingual mixture? Surely Chrome.中国 should be something like 铬.中国 - it's a bit like registering cheap-viagra.fr instead of viagra-pas-cher.fr, or nicht-erwähnen-den-krieg.co.uk
Not so simple?
I hope they remember to register domains with .中國 as well.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?