Google may have a love-hate relationship with China, but local reports suggest it still sees huge potential in the People’s Republic, claiming that it recently snapped up 18 key domain names under the internationalised suffix ‘.中国’. Internet oversight body ICANN has been pushing its Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) project …
I can understand them registering domains using chinese characters, but why the strange bi-lingual mixture? Surely Chrome.中国 should be something like 铬.中国 - it's a bit like registering cheap-viagra.fr instead of viagra-pas-cher.fr, or nicht-erwähnen-den-krieg.co.uk
Not so simple?
I hope they remember to register domains with .中國 as well.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean