Google may have a love-hate relationship with China, but local reports suggest it still sees huge potential in the People’s Republic, claiming that it recently snapped up 18 key domain names under the internationalised suffix ‘.中国’. Internet oversight body ICANN has been pushing its Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) project …
I can understand them registering domains using chinese characters, but why the strange bi-lingual mixture? Surely Chrome.中国 should be something like 铬.中国 - it's a bit like registering cheap-viagra.fr instead of viagra-pas-cher.fr, or nicht-erwähnen-den-krieg.co.uk
Not so simple?
I hope they remember to register domains with .中國 as well.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes