Google may have a love-hate relationship with China, but local reports suggest it still sees huge potential in the People’s Republic, claiming that it recently snapped up 18 key domain names under the internationalised suffix ‘.中国’. Internet oversight body ICANN has been pushing its Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) project …
I can understand them registering domains using chinese characters, but why the strange bi-lingual mixture? Surely Chrome.中国 should be something like 铬.中国 - it's a bit like registering cheap-viagra.fr instead of viagra-pas-cher.fr, or nicht-erwähnen-den-krieg.co.uk
Not so simple?
I hope they remember to register domains with .中國 as well.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait