A hactivist crew has launched a cyber-offensive against Russia with the leak of 2.5 million records, which it claims to have obtained from hacked government and corporate servers. Team GhostShell said it was leaking the data in protest against the Russian government's willingness to plough its revenues into espionage "even …
Have they already delivered pizzas to
Putin? GhostShell hasn't impressed me yet.
I really like the name metalprom. Hope it really is called that and wasn't a typo or something.
Kinda like pr0n, and Prom, but also metal! Cool.
GhostShell aren't bothered by the Russian blacklist which started implementation on 1st November? Russian law now requires ISPs to cooperate in the implementation of a blacklist - they are also required to use deep packet inspection to check the content of their users' traffic. The contents of the blacklist are a state secret.
So it finally happened. Russia has came close quite a few times before. However, now they've finally caught up with Australia in level tyranny.
Nothing impressive in their last hacks. No "smoking guns" just lots of hype.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job