A number of Orange UK customers lost connectivity this morning - mobile data access was knackered for at least an hour until the network struggled back to its feet. The outage started at 10.30am, and was reportedly fixed by noon, although some customers were complaining much earlier and it's far from clear how many people were …
They also weren't accepting inbound calls to Customer Services during this period - canned message saying due to a problem with one of their systems they could not accept call and to call back later. Easier not to have to explain that something went tits isn't it?
Almost the end of the world...
And I missed it!
Are they using the same crappy system O2 bought? (and then stated they were abandoning).
Yup - all our company phone users here lost data connectivity for a period.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire