OCZ, the flash storage start-up that over-extended itself by pumping out new SSDs before securing a reliable flash NAND chip supplier, has had excess products - and 198 staffers - dumped by incoming CEO Ralph Schmitt. Founder and CEO Ryan Petersen resigned back in September, Schmitt was appointed in October to clean up OCZ's …
Where will the bargains be?
So, fellow commentards, which (if any) of the budget OCZ products don't self-destruct, and are worth keeping an eye open for in the fire-sale?
Re: Where will the bargains be?
I thought it was only SF-22xx controller drives, e.g. Agility 3 and Vertex 3 and a couple of other less popular products, that had problems.
Or perhaps it was only Vertex 3? I've had three Agility 3s (one each in 60, 120 and 240GB) running without issue for over a year. Perhaps I've just been lucky, or perhaps the internet's disproportionately vocal about such things...
So that 's STEC and OCZ looking like they've overcooked the FLASH game.
It's not everything it's cracked up to be...
Know your niche and stay there.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job