OCZ, the flash storage start-up that over-extended itself by pumping out new SSDs before securing a reliable flash NAND chip supplier, has had excess products - and 198 staffers - dumped by incoming CEO Ralph Schmitt. Founder and CEO Ryan Petersen resigned back in September, Schmitt was appointed in October to clean up OCZ's …
Where will the bargains be?
So, fellow commentards, which (if any) of the budget OCZ products don't self-destruct, and are worth keeping an eye open for in the fire-sale?
Re: Where will the bargains be?
I thought it was only SF-22xx controller drives, e.g. Agility 3 and Vertex 3 and a couple of other less popular products, that had problems.
Or perhaps it was only Vertex 3? I've had three Agility 3s (one each in 60, 120 and 240GB) running without issue for over a year. Perhaps I've just been lucky, or perhaps the internet's disproportionately vocal about such things...
So that 's STEC and OCZ looking like they've overcooked the FLASH game.
It's not everything it's cracked up to be...
Know your niche and stay there.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests