Quasi-stealth virtual networking startup Big Switch Networks has bagged its second pile of cash from venture capitalists, who hope to rake in the big bucks from the software-defined networks (SDN) craze – particularly after they missed the money train that was Nicira, which server-virtualization juggernaut VMware shelled out $1. …
How does their offering compare to Midokura's Midonet ?
Timothy, thanks for the great article and the best headline by far. I wanted to add that in addition to OVS, Floodlight also supports _any_ physical switch that support the OpenFlow protocol; the current set of supported switches can be seen on the Documentation page on floodlight.openflowhub.org.
Head of Open Source, Big Switch
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid