Quasi-stealth virtual networking startup Big Switch Networks has bagged its second pile of cash from venture capitalists, who hope to rake in the big bucks from the software-defined networks (SDN) craze – particularly after they missed the money train that was Nicira, which server-virtualization juggernaut VMware shelled out $1. …
How does their offering compare to Midokura's Midonet ?
Timothy, thanks for the great article and the best headline by far. I wanted to add that in addition to OVS, Floodlight also supports _any_ physical switch that support the OpenFlow protocol; the current set of supported switches can be seen on the Documentation page on floodlight.openflowhub.org.
Head of Open Source, Big Switch
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL