Quasi-stealth virtual networking startup Big Switch Networks has bagged its second pile of cash from venture capitalists, who hope to rake in the big bucks from the software-defined networks (SDN) craze – particularly after they missed the money train that was Nicira, which server-virtualization juggernaut VMware shelled out $1. …
How does their offering compare to Midokura's Midonet ?
Timothy, thanks for the great article and the best headline by far. I wanted to add that in addition to OVS, Floodlight also supports _any_ physical switch that support the OpenFlow protocol; the current set of supported switches can be seen on the Documentation page on floodlight.openflowhub.org.
Head of Open Source, Big Switch
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone