Quasi-stealth virtual networking startup Big Switch Networks has bagged its second pile of cash from venture capitalists, who hope to rake in the big bucks from the software-defined networks (SDN) craze – particularly after they missed the money train that was Nicira, which server-virtualization juggernaut VMware shelled out $1. …
How does their offering compare to Midokura's Midonet ?
Timothy, thanks for the great article and the best headline by far. I wanted to add that in addition to OVS, Floodlight also supports _any_ physical switch that support the OpenFlow protocol; the current set of supported switches can be seen on the Documentation page on floodlight.openflowhub.org.
Head of Open Source, Big Switch
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?