Quasi-stealth virtual networking startup Big Switch Networks has bagged its second pile of cash from venture capitalists, who hope to rake in the big bucks from the software-defined networks (SDN) craze – particularly after they missed the money train that was Nicira, which server-virtualization juggernaut VMware shelled out $1. …
How does their offering compare to Midokura's Midonet ?
Timothy, thanks for the great article and the best headline by far. I wanted to add that in addition to OVS, Floodlight also supports _any_ physical switch that support the OpenFlow protocol; the current set of supported switches can be seen on the Documentation page on floodlight.openflowhub.org.
Head of Open Source, Big Switch
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe