Air New Zealand is trying to overcome passengers’ near-universal zone-out during the mandatory safety video by enlisting hobbits, elves and orcs. In a tie-in with Peter Jackson’s upcoming hobbit movie (which looks like ending up longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy), the airline has this to offer on YouTube: And yes, …
But I'd wish they'd got Sauron to take his helmet off. A bit of a Workplace Health and Safety issue, especially in the "Brace" position.
The Other Hobbit
Maybe he should have titled it "The Original Hobbit" then had a lawyer send a letter to Peter Jackson.
About time these copyrights expired
Just how long are these Tolkien estate leeches going to be making a living off the great JRR's work? It's not as if they were preserving the dignity of the original works when they allow 'official' coins and toys to keep the cash rolling in, but hound a scientific lecture that harmlessly used a term that pretty well has become a part of the language.
Air NZ does this all the time...
They've had naked safety videos, they've had the All Blacks, they've had Richard Simmons, the list goes on.
It's what keeps the Air New Zealand brand fresh.
You can add it to your spell-checker
Wouldn't happen to be married to someone called Emma, would he?
You can tell Jackson had a hand in that, it dragged on longer than most international flights.
This is the first one of these that I haven't found cringeworthy. Very good.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.