Science lab and nuclear truck Curiosity has tasted its first Martian soil and decided it's a bit like a piece of Hawaii. The Mars rover's CheMin instrument analysed the minerals in its fistful of dust and found the composition is similar to the basaltic volcanic soil of the islands. "We had many previous inferences and …
Aloha as hello or farewell?
It's at the beginning of the article, so it has to mean hello. Curiosity wasn't sent to Mars like Cthulhu, Destroyer of Worlds.
Well everything it scopes up and finds interesting gets blasted with xrays and then heated to check composition, so it could easily be goodbye as well
* Gotta be the nuke logo for what the poor microbes are undergoing.
It tastes like chicken.
"You take chicken, for example. Maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything."
This explains the telemetry from Curiousity.....
"Dude, where is my board and jams??"
"Curiosity has tasted its first Martian soil and decided it's a bit like a piece of Hawaii."
So it's full of guns, golf resorts and fat people?
Why are we wasting time looking for signs of life or mars? Just send some humans and be done with it.
Why should we send squishy air-breathing humans to "be done with*" life on Mars when we've already sent a nuclear-powered laser tank?
(* I assume this is another way of saying "kill")
I was as excited as the next chap when this mission was about to get under way, the highly complex landing had my sap rising. But since then, it's kind of went a bit stale - 13 weeks of not much really happening.
It's a cracking effort, and I'm sure it'll produce some good science, but I can't help but feel a bit deflated at this current point in the mission.
The robots are starting to see through the conspiracy theory.
What happened to the shiny bits? Were they covered up?
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court